23 December 2013

A review of all the wonderful weddings I photographed in 2013

I decided that I wanted to put together a review of my 2013.  I thought I would quickly choose a favourite photo from each Wedding but that on its own was more difficult than I'd anticipated, there are just so many I love and I realised that there are also lots i've not yet shared or blogged about - its been such a busy year!
I have been fortunate enough to photograph the love between these people and every single one has been so special.   I have met the most amazing couples, along with their friends and families too and feel so honoured that they chose me to be the one to capture one of the most important days of their lives.
I've worked with the most talented suppliers and been to so many stunning venues (some of which I had always dreamt of working at) There have been extravagant gifts and surprises, including an aeroplane flying wishes of congratulations to the happy couple, a car being gifted to the bride by the groom and a very elaborate cake from as a present Choccywoccydoodah.  I've giggled my way through group photos (a bunch of performers who required absolutely no posing suggestions) saved a wedding dress from going up in flames and tried not to cry during speeches and first dances.
Weddings are full of such emotion, which is my favourite thing to photograph and there have been so many emotional moments throughout these weddings.  I have so much admiration for a lot of the people I have worked with this year who have been so brave and held it together when I think I would have gone to pieces in their situation.  Its reinforced to me just how important my job is and how photos are such a wonderful thing, as we get to freeze such poignant moments and cherish them forever.
I just want to say a huge thank you to all of the people I have worked with this year, you have made it extra special and I am so grateful.







Pin It Now!
Post a Comment