13 February 2012

Laura & Matt's Wedding - Otham Church and Little Silver, Tenterden.


Back in June I was photographer for Laura and Matt.  They had booked up way in advance and I stayed in touch with Laura ever since she made the booking.  She would mail me links of different ideas she had and we would discuss ideas for photos on the day.  As well as being a photographer I LOVE all of the planning that goes into a Wedding, all those little details that you need to think of, the dress, the accessories, the flowers, the theme etc... (it makes me want to do it all over again too!) so I loved chatting to Laura about her ideas.  When I received the invitation in the post I knew that this one was going to be a bit special.

                                               




As you can see it was based on the Milk Tray box.  The whole theme of the Wedding was Chocolate and Laura's favourite film is Charlie & The Chocolate Factory so, as you will see, this was the theme for the tables too.  Laura even had 'Pure Imagination' played in the church.  The wording inside the invitation was just beautiful and so thoughtful too.  The purple was carried all the way through to the Bridesmaids dresses and flowers.  Laura had thought about every little detail.

I arrived at the house to find a very relaxed and happy Laura getting ready with her bridesmaids which included her super cute daughter Chloe.  Laura's friends had bought her some gorgeous Rigby & Peller knickers so we did a few boudoir shots in them.....far too gorgeous to be hidden under that dress all day!  So while I wont be publishing any of those photos, I do think that its a really nice idea to get some shots like this on the morning of your Wedding.  Even if only as a gift to your husband after the Wedding.  Laura did look A-mazing!!


The ceremony was at Otham Church in Maidstone and the vicar didn't let me stand at the front for this one which was a shame.  I did still get some lovely images inside the church and in the grounds afterwards.  As you will see, Laura wasn't at all camera shy and LOVED having her photos taken.  She made me laugh all day, striking a pose whenever she saw me.  Laura used to have a slight obsession with Posh Spice, hence the 'posh point through out the day.  Haha! I loved her.  The Reception took place at Little Silver in Tenterden and all of the staff were fantastic.  Really loved the little Gazebo.  We used this for the small amount of group shots that Laura wanted and then after the Wedding Breakfast I used it to trial my first Photobooth.  It worked really well.  This is something that I am introducing for 2012 and I will be adding a whole blog post about this very soon.



















I decided that I would like to start offering the 'Photobooth' so I got together lots of props for this.  I spent about an hour after dinner taking photos of the guests using all of the props.  It went really well and everyone really enjoyed it.  Doing it after the dinner means that everyone has had a glass of wine or 2 and they are happy to get dressed up in some funny hats, glasses etc.  Its a great way of getting some shots of groups and couples without them looking to formal as well and people tend to be more willing to be a bit silly and pose when they are wearing some bunny ears or a moustache!  Laura had brought the big silver frame already as she had decided that she would like some photos using this and it worked so well.  I am so happy that she has let me keep it for future Photobooths!  I will be offering different backdrops but I really liked the Gazebo at Little Silver.  It made a perfect little 'stage'.  There were so many shots that Laura & Matt were not aware of, so I really enjoyed seeing their reactions when they viewed them.  The blackboards were perfect for a little message to the bride & groom.   Be it traditional or cryptic, I think it could work as a visual guestbook too.   I will have more information on Photobooth for 2012 very soon.

Thank you to Mr & Mrs Newell for choosing me as their photographer.  I had such a great day and I am really pleased that we are still in touch.



Pin It Now!
Post a Comment